Monday, October 30, 2017

Tuna on Toast with Furikake

Except for Furikake, the heading is pretty obvious what this is about.

Furikake is a savory seasoning usually based in dried seafood, sesame, nori and some other things that vary from type to type.

In the US, the most commonly available type is Nori Komi Furikake




Even Walmart usually has it.

Most often it is used as a rice seasoning and sometimes with sushi. In addition to the Nori Komi Furikake there are many other varieties from the same maker. I like the Kimchi, and Katsuo from JFC and there are many I still need to try.  And I have a Shrimp based one from a different maker I like a lot too.

But it's a nice simple addition to a tuna sandwich as well. Mix your tuna with mayonnaise to taste. It's most versatile to let each person season their sandwich to their own taste, and prettier too I think. Season to taste and enjoy.

tuna sandwich with furikake

No comments:

Post a Comment